Since my unconventional prep plan actually worked, I want to write down what I did so I don’t forget it for next time. 😜👍
Two days before Colonoscopy:
* smoothie and vegetarian soups only throughout the day. No solid food. * two scoops of Miralax in lemonade before bed.
Day before Colonoscopy.
* wake up, two more scoops of Miralax in lemonade.
* clear liquids all day.
* at lunch time, two scoops of Miralax in warm chicken broth.
[By this point I had already had two or three bowel movements, and those bowel movements got a lot out but they were peaceful and not painful in any way.]
* 4pm: take one packet of PrePokix.
* drink lots of Gatorade.
* 5pm the super bad stomach cramps set in….by 6pm the pain was so bad I was swearing off ever doing another Colonoscopy for **the rest of my life** the pain so bad, hence why I contacted Miralax about developing a new plan.
* I started to go to the bathroom around 7pm in earnest.
[Somewhere around here I contacted you and said there was **no way** I was gonna do another packet of Prepokix, I didn’t care if I had poo or not in my colon 🙄.]
* 9pm, instead of doing another Prepolonix, I did another 2 scoops of Miralax in warm chicken broth in an half-hearted attempt to save my Colonoscopy (at this point, most of me was totally over it :). My stomach didn’t hurt again at all after the Miralax.
* So at 11pm, in another vain effort to save my Colonoscopy, I did another two scoops of Miralax in a warm herbal tea…I figured, the Miralax wasn’t hurting and I still had liquid poo coming out, so maybe, just maybe, the Miralax could finish the job…
So I had to get up and pee and piss poo a few more times throughout the night…
–Also note I dripped saline fluids all day, I completed full two bags during the day, and then dripped a third one while I was sleeping. I think this is why I didn’t have any headaches or nausea.
I had to go again right before I left for the Colonoscopy at 9:30am, hence why I was a little late, and because a little liquid poo still came out, this is why I thought it hadn’t been good enough…
But I guess it was–yea yea yea 🙂
Throughout the day, the Miralax never once gave me any kind of stomach cramping, and it tasted good the entire time going down. I’m really hoping the company can perfect the right ‘evening dose’ (maybe 3 scoops an hour apart?) so we can one day avoid these other preps entirely 🙂
(But even if this is the best it can be–one packet of Preponix–it’s still ***much*** more pleasant to do one packet then two, that’s for sure 🙂